Saturday, 7 November 2009

07.11.09

Today, instead of being very busy doing the volunteer work at Redhill, I ended up chatting with the other volunteers, as there were not many people collecting the rice and vouchers allocated to them.

There were a line of early birds, but the queue disappeared after half an hour. There were complaints when we allowed two to cut the queue due to a mom who brought along a child with fever and a mom whose K2 child is at home alone with her sick husband, and she needs to rush home to bring her child to the K2 enrollment (she even brought along a letter from the school to prove that she was telling the truth). As the queue wasn't very long, I felt that they should be more compassionate and not reprimand us volunteers for allowing that extended waiting time of 5 minutes.

I realized just how little I know about the financial world when I chatted with a volunteer from the insurance industry. I really need to brush up on my knowledge and read the current news in details.

No comments: