Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Sharing on my driving/car related stuffs...

Today I received a cheque from BBDC refunding me the balance from my account. In total I have spend $2,489 at BBDC, excluding my PDL fee and Driving License fee. Is that consider expensive? It could have been higher if I have failed my first TP. I have spend about 7 months at BBDC for both my theory and practical. It has been a really interesting and fruitful experience, although it's definitely more expensive than learning from a private driving instructor. I think I'll miss the learning days...I had wanted to signup for the Driver Orientation course, but I forgot to signup on the spot after my TP and was too lazy to go back to the centre to enrol for it. Nevermind, it's time to save money...and I don't think my favourite instructor would be teaching that course anyway.

My C&C sales exec said that he will be putting up my first COE bid and results shall be out by 21st Jan. My insurance is going to cost me $3140! So expensive right? I have to pay for the insurance and first installment when the bid is successful...I asked him for more freebies as he has only given me free reverse sensor and alarm, which my colleagues said are common standard car accessories. He told me that I have to share the cost of any additional items as it would eat into his commission, so I asked him to give me some OPC coupons instead for my car collection and servicing. I heard that some sales execs giveaway the OPC coupons even though their customers didn't request for them. Chevrolet has ever quoted me freebies such as free leather seats, sport rims, reverse sensor and window film for their Spark (which is so much cheaper than before), and I was so tempted to do a test drive as I was really attracted to its golden cross logo. It is too late now since I have already signed the booking form with C&C. I really hope that I won't regret my purchase. I'm glad that at least my sales exec responds to me when I told him about the freebies other people get, as I heard that there are sales execs who totally ignore their customers since the booking forms are already signed. I hope he will agree to my request for the free OPC coupons...

Recently I have been reading up a lot on car related stuffs and I used to ignore all those stuffs in the past. I am so excited to have my first car...I hope no one would do anything bad to it and I hope I'll not have any trouble with the car...Everyone please drive safely and I will try to do that too...hehe, it's still too early to talk about that right?

No comments: